Saturday, February 7, 2009

bloggerbrain


I am reading Will Richardson's book 'Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and other powerful web tools for classrooms' again. I'm amazed at how much I have learned! The first time I picked up this book, when first starting in TLITE, I was overloaded and still quite new to social networking and online portfolios. This is not to say that I am an expert or that I am never overwhelmed with information anymore....its just that now that I have been blogging and using WIKIS, I see what he is talking about. I am in the organizing stage of a hopefully ongoing project with two different English classes (which might expand to 3) Its so important for mentors to remain open to learning too....much of my own learning has come from being in the classroom and watching students and asking them questions....(how do you do.... ? How do you spell....?) I never assume the role of expert. I feel I am more of a sharer of ideas and keep my childlike curiousity alive...

No comments: